Saturday, April 4, 2009

Trailrunning in March

This past month has been difficult. I took 6 months off from running and jumped into trail running. I'm fighting the hills and I seem to be winning, but it has been very difficult. I've had a hard time breathing, but I do have allergies and athletic induced asthma, but neither have bothered me much in the past year. I've decided that I might need a physical and some good allegery medications. Finding time to run has also been difficult, with my husband traveling often with his job.

I'm considering entering a 50K trail race in September, so my goal is to train-up for the 50K distance. I've currently ran up to 9 miles, which makes me believe that I could run that 50K by September if I keep training regularly. I need to get a better hydration system, so I've been reseaching them, and I need to start learning to eat a little while running. The eating thing is a new concept for me since my longest distance is 26.2 road run.

My goal for April is to continue small runs and have minimum one long run a week. I plan to extend my distance to 15 miles by the end of the month.

1 comment:

  1. Way to get back to the running Nancy. If you are looking for a hydration system for your medium distance training runs, check out the Body Bottle. It too was 'discovered' in Ohio (though in the hot summer heat of Columbus!). Its a water bottle that straps to your bicep and maybe what you are looking for in a hydration system: www.bodybottle.com

    ReplyDelete