Friday, November 18, 2011

The 5 Hour Drive to Grandma's House.

Yes, we are traveling by car with the millions of other people for Thanksgiving at Grandma's. Not really Grandma's more like Mom's house, but she is Grandma to my kids. I don't get home to often during the fall and winter months due to the mountain of snow that falls on Northeastern Ohio. No matter what the occasion is traveling is stressful for my family.

The stress level during travel will be high, both my husband and I hate traffic and dealing with all the people that shouldn't have a drivers license. Here are a few things drivers should remember. The left lane which has been referred to as the fast lane or passing lane is for drivers to pass slower drivers in the right lane. If you are in the left lane and cars behind you want to travel at a faster speed than you get in the right lane and let them pass you. Yes, I realize that you are traveling a entire 2 MPH faster than those in the right lane, that you are traveling the legal speed limit and that you hate to change lanes so the left lane is best for you. Be polite and use commonsense during the holiday travel times and just stay out of the left lane if you prefer to travel the speed limit. The police and highway patrol will be out in larger numbers, so let them deal with the speeders and just let the speeders pass.

Please use your turn signal when changing lanes. There is nothing worse than hitting the brakes because someone decided to change lanes without informing others with a turn signal. My kids don't need whiplash and should be able to play their video games uninterrupted.

I'm one of those speeders and I like to travel 5 MPH over the speed limit and you'll make my travel more pleasant. If the law enforcement officials have issues with me speeding they will punish me. You don't need to keep me and thousands of others from speeding by sitting in the fast lane.

Thank-you and have a nice Thanksgiving with your family!

No comments:

Post a Comment