Wednesday, June 17, 2009

White Oak Canyon Trail Run in the SNP


I talked my husband into trail running with me on June 15th. He only runs 2 to 3 times a week 3 to 5 miles, so a 10 mile trail run was more challenging for him.

We ran the White Oak Canyon Trail starting at Skyland and turning around at 600. Running down the trail was fun and easy, but heading back up the trail was the challenge. The rocks were wet and muddy, but I only fell once and it was because my legs starting getting heavy the last few miles. The beauty of the Falls was amazing and the time with my husband was wonderful. I usually like to run by myself but sharing this day with my husband is memorable. This is a more strenuous trail than the Dickey Ridge, so it was a true challenge. I'll have to add the White Oak Canyon into my training plans.

I have to decide which trails to run this weekend to celebrate my 38th birthday. I might stick with the Dickey Ridge and run 16 to 20 miles. This last run on the White Oak makes me want to explore more trails. The White Oak was an awesome trail.

4 comments:

  1. I'm proud of you Nancy......AND Jeff too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you Nancy.....AND Jeff too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy - Thank you so much for visiting my blog, so I thought it would be nice to visit yours. Your little girls are so precious and so neat that they are both dancing. I know it was nice to see hubby, and I admire so, how you go running and take your daughter with you. Molly is a cutie too, and I can see that she is definetly a part of your family.
    Come back and visit my blog again soon, I post a new coupon offer every week.
    http://amazingcouponanddiscountdeals.blogspot.com Have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy - I have been trying so hard to find out how you join as a follower, and I am afraid that my computer skills are failing me. If you have any insight of how I do this and can talk me through it, please post of my site and maybe I can figure it out.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete