Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My 28 day Challenge!

I know that I disappeared for awhile, but I'm back on track. I took the winter off and mainly worked out with weights. To motivate myself, I ran a 1/2 trail marathon in Roanoke Rapids the second weekend in March. I ran this race without training for it, plus took 4 months off. My time wasn't good, but it wasn't awful either. It took me 2:18 to run on muddy trails. It was also entertaining to watch many of the runners slide around on the mud. My trail shoes prevented me from sliding on most of the muddy areas, but I had a few slips on the trails.

Now for the challenge! I'm going to train everyday for the next 28 days, no rest days. Some days will be more challenging than others, but I will run everyday, and do either a core, lower body, or upper body workout each day. Some days I may only run 3 to 5 miles and others will be long runs. I homeschool so that is a challenge too! I will have my girls follow me on their bikes on long run days. My goal is to run 25 miles under 4 hours after the 28 days are completed. I would like to set an exact date for 25 miles, but that is dependent on when my husband is in town and can act as my aid station at certain points.

I needed a goal for motivational purposes so I created my own challenge. Hopefully it kicks me into gear, so I can have a wonderful summer of trail running.

No comments:

Post a Comment