Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Climbing Back on the Horse

I'm finding that at 40 years old it is getting harder to climb back on the horse when it comes to running. I had a wonderful summer of running in 2010 and had a summer of injuries in 2011. I'm still recovering and very excited about getting back to running, but physically my body has weakened. I know I must build my body back up and I hope that my injuries are healed to the point that I can have a good summer of running. Mentally I'm ready to run for hours, but physically my body wants to give out after 45 minutes. I'm also nursing my left achilles tendon and I have to stop around every mile I run to stretch it. The plan is to slowly build myself back up and hopefully get a couple of half marathons in by November. I also plan to get my girls more active in running, by running a few miles with them twice a week. I'm starting off 2012 with strength training, hiking and slowly building up my running miles. Happy Running!

No comments:

Post a Comment