Sunday, February 22, 2009

Molly the Good Dog

She is a good dog, she listens well, plays with the girls well, she rarely barks, and she is very loving. She has done something twice now, that was out of Character for her. She has chewed a hole in her Nylon Kennel. Both times we were at dance class, so we were gone for 2 1/2 hours. The first time she greeted Jeff at the door then a week later I came home and she was at the door again. Both times she chew through the Kennel. Her punishment was to sleep in the garage for 2 nights, which she hated, but stayed quiet. She hates the garbage can, so she had to spend time with it in the Garage too.

Last night I decided to let her sleep in my room, without the kennel. I was nervous because she is only a 6 month old high energy puppy. Puppies are distructive and chew on everything! Correct? What antics would she get into while I was sleeping? I placed a blanket on the floor near my bed with a chew bone and toy. I shut the bedroom door and told her to go night night. She looked at the blanket and her toys and gave me a stare and ran to the door. She thought that she had to go to the kennel down stairs. I decided that it doesn't matter if she sleeps on the blanket or the floor, so I went to sleep. She woke me up around 1 1/2 hours later with a sniff on my arm. I thought to myself should I let her out side to go potty, then I decided no she is use to not going all night. So did I wake up to a wet area on the carpet? NO! She is a good dog. I told her to go back to sleep and that is what she did. She woke me up with a sniff around 6:20, I had my alarm clock set for 6:30, so I looked around the room and everything was good.

She may of chewed through the kennel, but that is it, other than that she has been a good dog. Molly is a good girl ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment