Monday, February 16, 2009

Socializing kids

Socializing! Why is this important to so many parents. This is the main reason organizations like the NEA and NPTA use to convince Americans that homeschooling is bad.

As a good parent you should have control over who your children are socializing with when it comes to any environment. Look at all the pressures kids have to deal with in the public schools due to the social atmosphere. They must look and dress the way their peers feel is correct, or they are made to feel they aren't worthy of friendship. They are labeled by their school peers on their academic success, they become an airhead, nerd or tard. This is what socialization in our government ran schools force on our kids. The saddest thing is most parents that place their kids in public schools don't see the negative effect of socialization.

It surprised me a couple of years ago when we lived in Kansas, how snotty women treated me when I told them that Emelie wasn't in Pre-kindergarten. Serveral women at Emelie's Gymnastics class inquired about where Emelie was taking Pre-K. I told them that with a BS degree in Business I'm more than qualified to teach my own kids, so I'm preparing my daughter for Kindergarten. What is their biggest concern about me teaching my own kid? "Socialization" How will she interact with kids in Kindergarten since she isn't in preschool? Of course I'm rolling my eyes at this point and thinking these are women like many Americans brainwashed by our government and the NEA. This is how our society thinks, socializing and being loved by all is very important. Having a ton of friends makes you important.

How do I want my kids to Socialize? I want them to pick their friends wisely. I want them to understand that it isn't the number of friends that makes you important. It is how you live a good responsible, loving life that makes you important. Having friends that are good souls that love you and aren't concerned about what you look like is important. I want them to meet their friends at activities they attend, such as dance class, church, and homeschool activities.

Emelie was lucky and spent 2 years in Catholic School and most of the kids were very well behaved and respectful of each other. Public School here in Virginia was shocking, and very lacking in discipline. She is only 8 years old, still needs guidance in what is right or wrong. If she socializes with kids that knowingly misbehave, then she will do the same because she wants those kids to accept her. This is why socialization is bad in the public schools. Good kids are influenced by the kids lacking discipline in school and at home. At this point in my kids lives I will chose who they will socialize with and not the government. It isn't important that they socialize with 25 kids at a time, but one or two kids that I chose will due.

I wasn't very social as a kid and I'm not very social as an adult, but I'm very happy. I'm miserable in large groups of people, so being social doesn't equal happiness. Matter of fact many people dealing with depression feel depressed because of relationships with others. Could this be because they mentally believe that they need lots of friends to be happy? They can't truly be themselves, because they have to live up their friends expectations? Socialization can be harmful and maybe it will be the downfall of our society. Think about it!

I'll add a couple of links in the future about socialization and homeschooling. I'm sure this won't be my only blog about this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment